[svlug] Announcement: VP transition

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Nov 30 15:57:19 PST 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> First... the President has the responsibility to quickly fill critical roles
> if/when they are vacated.  I'm doing just that.

Oh, so declaring a state of emergency?  ;->

Gosh, I guess the sky will fall if the vice-presidency remains vacant
long enough to solicit candidates and hold a fair vote.  So the heck
with elections!  It's the good of the motherland^Wgroup that you're
looking out for!  Any resemblance to your overriding the membership and
cramming your choice down our throats is illusory and probably proves
we're unpatriotic.

> I've appointed Warren as the acting VP.

No you have not.  What part of "elected office" are you not getting?
It's never _not_ been elected.  Not for a nanosecond.

All you're doing is shredding anything that's left of the integrity of
your _own_ legitimacy.  (Rather unfair of you to do that to Warren, too.
I figure he's a good guy, and has no idea what you're dragging him
into.)

> And people who say "We voted years ago not to go 501c3" likewise
> are being ludicrous; that decision wasn't made "Forever".

Ah, the agenda is starting to leak out.  Stay tuned for the rest of it,
folks.  It's going to be a long year before this guy vacates.