[svlug] Define Policies and By-Laws

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 15:42:14 PST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 3:12 PM, Bill Teeple <bill at teeple.tv> wrote:
> All,
> Love the soap-opera that unfolds on this Linux Users Group.

Happy to accomodate!

[...]
> I think it is time that SVLUG adopt new by-laws or create them in the
> first place to help govern the organization

I agree 1000%.  Bill, you're welcome to put shoulder to this effort.

[...]
> Let's cut out the ambiguity of the rights and responsibilities of our
> elected officials and document it.  There should be policies for the
> election of officials, the replacement of officials, the recall of
> officials (did I say that?), etc. etc. etc.

I think LuGOD's docs are a great place to start.  I'm sure others
may have other good starting places to recommend, though - gang?

Bill, I'm serious - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take an active role in
helping this whole group come to an understanding on the rules.

It's exasperating trying to get things done when I'm never sure
when I'm going to get nipped at.

> If we already do have by-laws (and such), then maybe we need
> to post and revise them?  I haven't seen them.

Me either, and I'm the President.  NO-ONE has been able to produce
anything tangible to date, other than "We do things like this 'cause we've
always done things like this".

-Paul