[svlug] Define Policies and By-Laws

Alvin Oga alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Fri Nov 30 15:24:39 PST 2007

hi ya bill

> Bill Teeple wrote:
>
> Love the soap-opera that unfolds on this Linux Users Group.

yup.. entertaining to a major extent .. but.. the consequences
can be serious too  when the "community requests, desires" is
ignored

major changes should be voted on by the people

but, who defines what "major changes" is ??

> I think it is time that SVLUG adopt new by-laws or create them in the
> first place to help govern the organization - someone recommended
> looking at the Davis User's Group for a foundation - and I read theirs
> and it is a great starting point.

it existed

it's been moved or erased ... which is the problem

the voting and prez terms and related stuff

davis lug's stuff

kendrick> FWIW, LUGOD has a set of Bylaws and a Constitution, by which we run the club...
kendrick> http://www.lugod.org/documents/objectives/

> Let's cut out the ambiguity of the rights and responsibilities of our
> elected officials and document it.  There should be policies for the
> election of officials, the replacement of officials, the recall of
> officials (did I say that?), etc. etc. etc.

the problem is ...
who gets to vote and add/delete their wish list items in the new "constitution"
of what goes in and what stays out .. before it goes for a vote

> If we already do have by-laws (and such), then maybe we need to post and
> revise them?  I haven't seen them.

i claim its been deleted, moved or lost in dangling and unused apache trees ...

just looking for president related stuff shows urls that
does not exists today .. that existed before

c ya
alvin