[svlug] "Middleman" companies for contrators who don't want to be contractors?

Lisa svlug at flygirl.com
Fri Nov 30 15:23:53 PST 2007

Does anyone know of any local firms that will hire someone just
to be a contractor to another firm for a *reasonable* markup
with NO restrictions (i.e. If we wanted to hire them later there
would be no "fee").

We have a few people working for us (two for myself, in
particular) who'd rather be W2'd than 1099'd and we don't want
to pay a high markup and/or have to pay 3 months or more salary
if we wanted to bring them on full time.

We, specifically, are NOT looking for a place to find the people
or negotiate with them for us.  Rather just a place to,
predominantely, do the paperwork and such for the taxes.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lisa