[svlug] Announcement: VP transition

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:45:09 PST 2007

Rick postulated:

> Paul has no ability to simply impose his pick for one of our elected officers.

Hrm... Rick, two comments:

-> I certainly have the ability; you may have mis-chosen words; are you saying
I don't have the _authority_?  Realizing SVLUG's election procedures have varied
wildly from online voting some years through shows of hands others,
and that there
IS no "established method" for voting... do you really feel that
appointment is out
of the question?  Or, are you just chest-puffing to see if it'll get
you something?

-> Rick, If you're asserting that there was a specifc vote or decision
that no SVLUG office
would _ever_ be filled by appointment instead of election, produce the evidence.

Otherwise, wrong.  The past does NOT define the present, nor the future.
-Dictator Paul