[svlug] Fwd: Ripping DVDs ... and MythTV

Sam J. Juvonen sam at riihi.com
Fri Nov 30 12:48:58 PST 2007

Thanks for collecting and sharing that information.

Just a thought regarding dd and corrupted blocks (intentionally or
not): do you think ddrescue
(http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html) would help? I
think I'll give it a try on a couple of DualDisc CD-like objects I
have that take forever and/or fail with cdparanoia. As I understand
it, read errors on DualDiscs are not necessarily a copy protection
mechanism, but could be because the disc is too thick for some readers
- so a couple rounds of ddrescue might help. Is this correct?

-s.