[svlug] DVD movie encrypted or not?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 12:07:50 PST 2007

hi

On Nov 30, 2007 11:46 AM, Kristian Erik Hermansen <
kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> mediabuntu is a special repository that you need to
> add to your APT configuration.

One little word of caution about Mediabuntu.  Maybe I did something wrong,
but I had installed Ubuntu Gutsy on a notebook for a friend, and for some
reason, when I added the Mediabuntu repository and d/l'd some of the
Mediabuntu themes (I think it was), the packages that I added turned the
machine into Ubuntu Studio, which gobbered up the login process.  For some
weird reason, we were not able to get the same login screen.  Instead, the
machine defaulted to a straight-through login, which was a bit of an
annoyance for this guy, who is pretty security conscious, and wanted the
login screen.  We also then had to change the Ubuntu Studio themes, which
are really dark, and the guy found to be unattractive.

As I say, it was undoubtedly my operator error.

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point