[svlug] Announcement: VP transition

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 19:22:04 PST 2007

Greetings, SVLUG!

I'd like to thank Mark Weisler for his service to SVLUG in the capacity of VP.
He's decided to step away from that role, but remain an active volunteer.

Warren Turkal, who many of you already know, has agreed to step into
the VP role.

Warren has significant previous experience leading the Memphis LUG, and he's
been really helpful as a liaison between SVLUG and our sponsors over at Google
(Leslie Hawthorn's FOSS group).

Given SVLUG's current "statelessness" - lack of rules, regs, bylaws, etc - and
Warren's experience with putting those sorts of things in place for a LUG, I'm
please as punch that he's agreed to help out.

Best regards,
-Paul Reiber,
President, SVLUG