[svlug] Electronic junk shops in SV?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Nov 28 21:23:10 PST 2007

David Fox writes:
> I couldn't find a link to Surplus Computers in Google - but I do
> remember going there once or twice but that was at least 2 years ago,
> and I don't know if they are still around. A google search yields

Surplus Computers has closed their retail store and is now web
only (too bad because their website is ... well, not the best).

It is possible to order things online and pick them up at will-call
at their warehouse.

> another possibility, which is "Action Computer & Surplus" on 500
> Lawrence Expy #F, Sunnyvale CA - their web site is
> www.actionsurplus.com.

They're fairly small, but they do have some of the same sort of
stuff that Surplus Computers used to have (not much in the way
of bare electronics, but lots of cables, old junky disks, LED
flashlights and calculators and bags and such).  Like Surplus,
they don't officially accept returns, so be aware of that if
buying any hardware that might not work on Linux.

	...Akkana