[svlug] result of member poll on an alternative to SVLUG mailing list

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 28 18:07:07 PST 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> On Nov 28, 2007 3:27 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Darlene Wallach remains muzzled, on here and on
> > volunteers at lists.svlug.org, except on occasions when Reiber allows
> > her to speak.
>
> She should take it as a sincere compliment that I didn't just kick her
> from the list [...]

Ordinarily, I would not reply, but you addressed this specifically to
me.  I guess, Paul, that we'll just have to have an extremely
fundamental difference of view:   Although nothing Wallach had done
merited muzzling to begin with and she violated no rules, the bigger
problem has been your repeated _and ongoing_ personal villification of
her after preventing her from responding.  That's just outright
reprehensible.

This is the smallest (but latest) part of why I have ceased to support
your (rapidly shrinking) administration, and -- like all the other key
volunteers who've recently walked out on you -- must politely decline
your invitation to participate in it.

But thank you for asking.

(P.S.:  I'm hoping "Tom Pilot" or someone else asserts that I obviously
must share Darlene's political loyalties, so I can forward that to my
former neighbours at Kibbutz Ramot Menashe in Meggido.)