[svlug] result of member poll on an alternative to SVLUG mailing list

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 28 17:04:57 PST 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> It's disconcerting to see you spending time investigating SVLUG member
> identies, when there are much more productive ways that SVLUG could
> use your time.

My reasons for dissociation from your policies were posted elsewhere,
and (once again) I decline to discuss them here.  (They were similar to
your VP's when he resigned on you this morning, and to those of the
other several volunteers who've walked out on you.)

> I have no idea who the real people are behind the various email
> addresses on this list.  However, I welcome newbies, and also those
> who've had little to do with the internet in the past.

"Tom Pilot" or "David", or whatever he is, has actually substantive
(if brief) history of involvement with Internet technology.

> Regarding sock-puppetry - is this just wild speculation on your part,
> or do you have something substantive to show as proof that someone was
> doing something inappropriate?

Well, at minimum, we would seem to have here David posing as "Tom Pilot"
or Tom Pilot posing as "David", right?  ;->

However, I think the phenomenon of convienent political support popping
up from suddenly appearing brand-new posters using free webmail accounts
can be parsed by any attentive reader, and I merely call the matter to
their attention.