[svlug] result of member poll on an alternative to SVLUG mailing list

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:37:01 PST 2007

> The Internet history of hman_120 at yahoo.com seems rather thin, and _none_
> of the other postings elsewhere shows the associated name as "Tom Pilot".
> However, one of them, http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=1359762 ,
> claims this person is someone named "David".
[...]

It's disconcerting to see you spending time investigating SVLUG member
identies, when there are much more productive ways that SVLUG could
use your time.

I have no idea who the real people are behind the various email
addresses on this list.  However, I welcome newbies, and also those
who've had little to do with the internet in the past.

Regarding sock-puppetry - is this just wild speculation on your part,
or do you have something substantive to show as proof that someone was
doing something inappropriate?  My take:  It could be that someone who
wasn't welcomed on the list at some point, or who feels that their
words fall on deaf ears from their primary account, or who in the past
simply started using an address with a different first name just for
fun... dunno.
-Paul