[svlug] broadcom + PEAP

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:33:09 PST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 4:02 PM, Richard L. Halpert
<richard.halpert at mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> In my current setup, when I run wpa_supplicant, I get sporadic disconnection
> notices during the authentication process.  Sometimes I receive the "Phase 2
> authentication completed successfully" message before a disconnection
> occurs, and sometimes it happens earlier.  I never get far enough to access
> the network.
>
> FYI, I'm not using network-manager because of known issues with
> nm+bcm43xx+wpa_supplicant.

I had a bcm4306, and I did WPA with it.  Never tried LEAP/PEAP.  Also
can't remember if I used bcm43xx or ndiswrapper...hrmmm :-(  I know it
was a 64-bit driver...

> PS I greatly enjoyed removing the "Windows Vista" sticker from my laptop :-)

I have "Ubuntu Stickers" that you could replace that one with!  Thanks
to Martin Owens in Boston for organizing that effort.  I bought about
500 of these for the group and hand them out at every installfest...
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges
http://gallery.ubuntu-ma.us/?g2_itemId=253

Look at how much all this cost and who contributed!
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges?action=recall&rev=282

--
Kristian Erik Hermansen