[svlug] NASA connections for lecture at a public middle school?

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Wed Nov 28 15:58:06 PST 2007

Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am wondering if anyone here on the list has connections with NASA's FOSS
> people?  I believe that most of them are down in Pasadena, but I thought
> that maybe I could ask people on the list to help try to find a speaker from
> NASA to come to our local public middle school to talk about the role of
> FOSS at NASA, and particularly about the role of FOSS in guiding the Mars
> Exploration Rovers (MERs).
>
> Just a wild shot.  I will try contacting NASA directly, of course, because
> they certainly have designated speakers on this issue.

Christian,

You may want to try contacting the local ACM of the
San Francisco bay area. They meet in Cupertino at
Hewlett Packard. A few years ago a few people who worked
on the Rovers came and did a presentation.

The ACM officers may know whom to contact.

Hope this is useful/helpful.

I apologize for cc'ing you since I'm replying to SVLUG.
Since I have no idea which email Paul Reiber will allow
through from me, I want to make sure you get my response,
though I normally just reply to the SVLUG mailing list.

Darlene Wallach