[svlug] result of member poll on an alternative to SVLUG mailing list

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 28 15:25:46 PST 2007

(I note another post by recent free-webmail subscriber "Tom Pilot
(hman_120 at yahoo.com)"  .)

The Internet history of hman_120 at yahoo.com seems rather thin, and _none_
of the other postings elsewhere shows the associated name as "Tom Pilot".
However, one of them, http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=1359762 ,
claims this person is someone named "David".

So, sock puppeting, perhaps?[1]  That's the traditional accompaniment to
the hoary "I've received 12 offlist complaints about you, from people
who don't want to be identified" passive-aggressive ploy, which we've
also been seeing.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)