[svlug] result of member poll on an alternative to SVLUG mailing list

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 28 12:11:55 PST 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> > > I wasn't aware Lisa had "left"
> > Yes, you were.
> > http://lists.svlug.org/archives/volunteers/2007q4/000515.html
>
> Gee that seemed more like a call for some of the other volunteers
> _doing_ various projects to give her some direction... but, hey,
> that's just my interpretation of things...

The minority of members who followed the link will see that Lisa spoke
out explicitly as a no-confidence measure in reaction to particular
recent actions of yours, that she found outrageous and felt she could no
longer condone.

I will not go into further details here, but she is hardly the only
key volunteer to react that way (though only three have posted
explicitly, it being easier to just walk away and not risk getting
trashed in public).

Nor will I comment further on your other post-hoc justifications.

> I'm simply not interested in continually proving to her (and you) that
> I know what I'm doing and I'm acting in SVLUG's best interest.

Glad to hear that, as none of those things is likely to sell.

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers