[svlug] result of member poll on an alternative to SVLUG mailing list

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 28 10:40:15 PST 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> I wasn't aware Lisa had "left"

Yes, you were.
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/volunteers/2007q4/000515.html

> I had attributed her absense to work-overload.

<smile>

> Since this poll resulted from your own misunderstanding of what you
> overheard Warren and I talking about, it's pretty much a waste of
> EVERYONE's time - that's why I squelched it....

A bad reason, especially as she asked for votes offlist.  The measure
was and is thuggish, sets a bad precedent, and is likely to become worse
over time.  And your first muzzling here and then spine-control and
attacking her personally was particularly vile.

> Rick expressed that he wanted to step away from mailman admin - which
> was the only regular volunteer work he was handling

This is not accurate, either.

> Darlene, we're surely not destroying SVLUG - it's growing....

...one driven-away volunteer at a time.