[svlug] need help with mailman debugging analysis

Marco Walther marco at sonic.net
Sun Nov 25 19:58:52 PST 2007

On Sunday 25 November 2007 18:41, Paul Reiber wrote:
> Gang -
>
> Rick noted problems with mailman recently, that I didn't see at first but
> now I'm likewise seeing.
>
> AFAIK no changes have recently been made to mailman or its config,
> so this is a bit perplexing.
>
> Here's what I've learned - Wherever I get 404's from lists.svlug.org
> I can get that mailman page to render correctly by replacing "org"
> with "net" in the URL - i.e. http://lists.svlug.net/lists/<whatever>
>
> AFAIK both of these domain names resolve to the exact same host...
> so it's odd that one would work while the other sometimes fails...
>
> I'm stumped - any ideas?

Did you see the following (from the installation manual pg. 5/configure ):

" --with-urlhost=hostname Specify the fully qualified host name part of urls.
After the installation is complete, this value can be overriden in
‘$prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py’.

Maybe, that is pointing to the `.net' host?

Thanks,
-- Marco