[svlug] Church of Linux?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 20:26:55 PST 2007

heh

On Nov 25, 2007 8:13 PM, Chris Miller <lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 25, 2007 4:46 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen
> <kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How about a church of Linux?  Where the sermons are read from man
> > pages?  Where Richard Stallman sings songs of "Free Software"?  Where
> > the attendee donations are collected for the FSF?  Where everyone can
> > be a hacker an also seek religion in the GNU?  Where "bake sales" are
> > composed of open source software projects for the needy?  Where geeks
> > can get together and experience the power of free software :-)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editor_war#Humor

yeah, the St. iGNUtious portion of Richard Stallman's standard talk always
gets laughs.  Even relatively simple end users like me can get it when
Richard says that using vi is not a sin, but a penance.  And likewise with
the vi supporters' joke about EMACS being a great operating system, lacking
only a decent text editor.