[svlug] sneaky moderation

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 11:39:40 PST 2007

Hello, Mr. Moderated? or is it Mr. Shupe?

Your message below seems to be apologizing for something - care to
apologize as well
for the "sneaky moderation" comment and inference that SVLUG's
administration is moderating postings other than of it's viewpoint?
Only one person's posts are being actively moderated, and that's
because of her recent disruptive behavior.

Your public apology for your public mis-statement will be appreciated.
 And... I'll thank you to be more patient in the future before "going
around the system", and to PLEASE, for crying out loud, give me and
the other SVLUG officers and volunteers the benefit of the doubt
before siding with "the other guy".  PLEASE?

I'm doing my damnedest for SVLUG and it's starting to p*ss me off that
some of you are so damned unappreciative of what I'm already doing and
have to be telling me how you'd like me to do even more for SVLUG...
and besides that, _just_ how you'd like me to do it for you as well.
Jeesh!

Consider:

-> I spent my own time running out for hot breakfast sandwiches,
bagels, and schmear for the recent installfest... and someone bitched
that none of the hot sandwiches I bought were vegetarian!  ...the
BAGELS are - but she wanted a HOT sandwich.  Arrgh!

-> Half of you are dying to get SVLUG off of the old, dying hardware
we're hosted on, and the other half of you want the volunteers to just
"fix" it and not change hosting.  Arrgh!

-> The damned mailinglist software itself is shakey - sometimes not
working right on HTTP right now.  Could be related to a recent DNS
twiddle, or maybe someone changed something else that's related in
some odd way... but it's definitely falling over onto itself - right
now as we speak.  Arrgh!

-> I've pleaded with the volunteers to work together as a team,
coordinate, and move the existing solutions onto the new platform
that's being built.  But things only move so fast in LUG land - it's
not a business, so I can't make "deadlines" per se.  Arrgh!

-> Now people are telling me I can't un-appoint a self-appointed
"volunteer" who's behavior has consistently shown her to be more of a
liability than an asset?  Arrgh!

SVLUG's a damned CLUB for god's sake - not a church, and not a
business - so please quit expecting it to have 10 commandments and
ISO9000 business processes!

MY mantra for the rest of today: "SVLUG's about LINUX not politics."
-Paul