[svlug] recent "vote"

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 11:00:28 PST 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 7:52 PM, Jason Shupe <jshupe at d13.com> wrote:
> I guess I'd like a pointer to the captain's log, and/or other written
> policies/archives of svlug.

Jason, SVLUG's a do-ocracy, and similar to when other members have
expressed their desires constructively (or at least politely) I'll invite you
to help make your desires come true.

If that's what you want out of SVLUG, then help make it happen; I'll
support you in that effort.

Specifically...   There are a boatload of archives of all the mailinglists -
please spend as much of your own time as you'd like perusing them
looking for anything that looks like a good policy.

If you've got access to a moin wiki somewhere, slam all the references in
there and we'll have something to start from.  The "moin" thing just
ensures that what you write will be able to be copied/pasted into our
new moin when it goes live.

Once SVLUG has a big pile of "previous policies" to look at, everyone will
be in a better position to decide what we want things to look like
going forward.

Until then... it's all just guesses.

> Your overall tone is some what emporial, not quite what I'd expect from
> an open source group.  And without a third party poll, it's not clear how
> strong your anonymous support base is.

You should have been in the room when this particular person was shouting
"F*ck you!" at an installfest attendee - maybe that would help you gain a
better perspective on my decision to remove her from the volunteer ranks.

-pbr