[svlug] recent "vote"

Scott Hess scott at doubleu.com
Sun Nov 25 07:31:59 PST 2007

Um, he _is_ the president.  Of a Linux User's Group, no less!

Given the crap that's been posted on the list over the past couple
weeks, I see absolutely no reason to take Darlene's side over Paul's
side.  You might argue about whether she should get one more chance or
not, but it doesn't seem likely to me that this is a Whim Death sort
of situation where Paul just flew off the handle for absolutely no
reason.  Whether Darlene has had good reasons or not, she _has_ been
being an annoyance.  Sometimes when you're trying to be the squeaky
wheel, you get greased - and sometimes you get replaced.

If Darlene wants to captain the ship, maybe Darlene should run for
president next time around.  One of the reasons such an elected
position exists is so that someone can make executive decisions of
this sort.  I expect Paul doesn't spend a lot of time at purely
ceremonial events...

-scott