[svlug] Member poll on an alternative to this mailing list

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 14:47:35 PST 2007

Darlene Wallach <politically-biased-email-address-omitted> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> [...] I overheard a conversation between Paul Reiber
> and Warren. I thought it would be useful for Paul
> to hear what SVLUG members thought of terminating
> the SVLUG mailing list and replacing it with
> Google Groups. I'm collecting thoughts of the
> membership, through midnight Tuesday, 27th November.
> I will post the results of the poll Wednesday,
> 28th November 2007.

Ms. Wallach - you've ignored a number of emails regarding your
behavior that I've sent you privately in my official capacity as
President of SVLUG, so I find myself needing to clarify things with
you publicly instead.

Regarding your ongoing "help" as a volunteer within SVLUG - No Thank
You!  SVLUG is _not_ a war zone, and we don't take lightly to
revolutionary tactics within this peaceful group of geeks.

I welcome you to remain a "member" of SVLUG.  However, I can no longer
bring myself to trust you in any sort of official or volunteer
capacity within SVLUG.  SVLUG owes you a debt of gratitude for your
past service, and I'll be sure to mention your name along with others
who deserve a round of applause for their contributions to the group.

Please note that if you _do_ decide to attend future SVLUG events,
your behavior _will_ be monitored, so please ensure that your
conversations with other attendees are limited to Linux related
subjects.  Any heated political conversations or inappropriate
outbursts will result in your removal from the venue.

I've put a "moderate" flag on your email address.  It'll be removed
only if/when you've proven to SVLUG that we can trust you.
Linux-related non-incendiary posts from you will most probably be
approved.  Please refrain from contacting SVLUG members out-of-band
unless they've previously welcomed your out-of-band contact - many of
the members are quite adamant that such contact is _not_ welcome.

Best of luck in the future,
-Paul Reiber
President, SVLUG