[svlug] recent "vote"

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 15:05:19 PST 2007

All -

An uninformed ex-volunteer recently posted to the list with some
ridiculous stuff about taking a member poll.  PLEASE don't bother
yourselves; it's all wasted energy if you do.  This person was
extremely confused, and is asking your opinion about a problem she's
only imagining.

Regarding what the various volunteer teams are doing and working on -
unlike Microsoft, we don't tend to "pre-announce" stuff - better to
build it, play with it, get it working right, THEN deploy it for the
group.  So, much of what's going on isn't getting a lot of fan-fare
(or even on-list conversation) since it's simply not needed.   We
don't plan to decommission any existing servers, or mailinglists, or
anything like that.  In fact, we're right in the middle of figuring
out how we'll migrate all of that forward into a "virtual-host" based
world.  Multiple sponsors, Google included, are willing to help host
both physical and virtual server solutions for SVLUG.  I'd be doing
the group a disservice if I didn't investigate these various avenues.

Thank you ALL for your understanding and continued support,

-Paul Reiber,
President, SVLUG