[svlug] Member poll on an alternative to this mailing list

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Fri Nov 23 21:53:14 PST 2007

Tom Pilot wrote:
> [...]
[snip]

> As i said in my prev email, Darlene, if you have
> a better solution, go ahead and IMPLEMENT IT,
> then present it to us. if it is really good, we
> will use it. We cannot use your poll for anything
> meaningful other for maybe you to show your
> dislike to the group and the way it is doing
> things.
>
> I personally like the svlug list as it is, i
> don't like Google groups or yahoo groups and I
> find their login procedure, etc. annoying and
> tedious.

Tom,

I am not proposing changing the SVLUG mailing list.
I overheard a conversation between Paul Reiber
and Warren. I thought it would be useful for Paul
to hear what SVLUG members thought of terminating
the SVLUG mailing list and replacing it with
Google Groups. I'm collecting thoughts of the
membership, through midnight Tuesday, 27th November.
I will post the results of the poll Wednesday,
28th November 2007.

I personally want to keep SVLUG running our
mailing lists, website, etc. I am not in
favor of terminating the SVLUG mailing lists
nor the website.

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback,

Darlene Wallach