[svlug] Member poll on an alternative to this mailing list

Tom Pilot hman_120 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 21:35:45 PST 2007

First off, id like to express my contempt to the whole "poll" idea. What is this, the US presidential race?? Polls don't make people do things, they are just useless statistics for the most part. People do what it is that they find most comfortable, especially when it comes to the net.

Secondly, if you have done any major system upgrades in the past, you would know that whenever you introduce a new system/group/email list/whatever, you always keep the old one running for a long while, because switches like these do not happen overnight. Thus, if the email list was by some chance, to switch over to google, we would keep the two lists going in parallel for a while, until everyone migrated.

As i said in my prev email, Darlene, if you have a better solution, go ahead and IMPLEMENT IT, then present it to us. if it is really good, we will use it. We cannot use your poll for anything meaningful other for maybe you to show your dislike to the group and the way it is doing things.

I personally like the svlug list as it is, i don't like Google groups or yahoo groups and I find their login procedure, etc. annoying and tedious.