[svlug] Member poll on an alternative to this mailing list

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Fri Nov 23 18:15:47 PST 2007

Tom Pilot wrote:
> [...]

Tom,

I want to make sure you understand what I'm
asking in the poll.

Some things to perhaps keep in mind:
    - SVLUG ceasing to host its own mailing list
    - advertising
    - privacy loss
    - dependency on a business to do our core competency for us
    - SVLUG no longer being able to set spam policy or choose its own
      mail-handling software.

There would *not* be two SVLUG mailing lists.
My question was do you approve of the current
SVLUG mailing list to be terminated and replaced
with a Google Group.

You are welcome to participate in the poll
giving a yes/no answer and any comments you
choose to make.

Darlene Wallach