[svlug] Member poll on an alternative to this mailing list

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Fri Nov 23 10:15:07 PST 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 11:40:09AM -0800, Darlene Wallach wrote:
> David Fox wrote:
> > On Nov 22, 2007 3:47 AM, Alvin Oga <alvin at mail.linux-consulting.com> wrote:
> >
> >> it is 100% ridiculous of whomever proposed to terminate
> >> svlug.org ... probably because they do not know how
> >> to maintain a mailing list ??
> >
> > Agreed. It smacks of something unofficial, from outside, although I
> > don't see the actual proposal (maybe it was sent to some other svlug
> > list?). Did it come from an officer?
> >

> I heard Paul Reiber, current SVLUG president,
> briefly discussing it with Warren, (I don't
> remember his last name) a recent attendee/member
> of SVLUG who works at Google. This discussion
> occurred on Tue, 21 Nov at the Linux kernel
> code walk-through session at Google. It was
> a few comments between Paul and Warren.
>
> Darlene Wallach

Hi,

I think that svlug ought to maintain it's capabilities
as it always has. I find the idea shocking, as it goes
completely against the grain of what svlug has symbolized
over the years. I have maintained my own routable, full
service network (neuralscape) for a decade -- and I have
learned so much from doing so, I find it shocking a group
of geeks would even consider such nonsense. If svlug moves
to google groups, I for one will not be continuing my
presence on this list.

Thanks,
Karen
--