[svlug] Member poll on an alternative to this mailing list

Sam J. Juvonen sam at riihi.com
Thu Nov 22 13:20:40 PST 2007

On 11/22/07, Darlene Wallach <freepalestin at dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I heard Paul Reiber, current SVLUG president,
> briefly discussing it with Warren, (I don't
> remember his last name) a recent attendee/member
> of SVLUG who works at Google. This discussion
> occurred on Tue, 21 Nov at the Linux kernel
> code walk-through session at Google. It was
> a few comments between Paul and Warren.

In other words, there has been no proposal. You just happened to
overhear a couple of people talking. Are you sure you know all the
context for their discussion? I have great respect for Paul's way of
doing things (just from lurking on this list) and I'm sure he will
bring a proposal for public discussion in due course, if he has one.

If you want to have an open discussion and vote, why are you asking
people to "vote" directly to you?

What are you trying to accomplish here?

-sam.