[svlug] OpenSuSE 10.3 KDE display blanks out after 7 minutes

Alvin Oga alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Thu Nov 22 12:55:43 PST 2007

hi ya mark

> Mark S Bilk wrote:
>
> This problem with the new OpenSuSE 10.3 (GM DVD plus all the

opensuse seems to be going downhill lately

<theory>
probably a conspiracy to get people to pay for support

redhat did the same with their consecutive versions and sure enough
look at them now .. big ole red monster
</theory>

> updates), has me stumped.  Exactly 7 minutes -- 420 sec. --
> after the last keystroke or mouse movement or click, my display
> blanks out.

turn off your screensavers
	yast2->display->screensaver  ( or something like it )

> In single-user mode (boot option "single"), the display blanks
> after exactly 10 minutes.

setterm -blank n
	where n may or may not be needed

c ya