[svlug] bounces and duplicate emails

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Nov 22 12:23:58 PST 2007

Quoting Alvin Oga (alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com):

> a) my post couple day ago bounced, requiring moderator approval,
>    nothing has changed (mail-wise) on my end for "10yrs'

Looking at the logs, it seems that you posting yesterday from a
non-subscribed address, alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com .
So, it got subscribed.  (Looks like you were already subscribed from
svlug at linux-consulting.com .)

Why have you persisted in posting from a non-subscribed address, by the
way?  You've been around long enough to know better than that.
Approving non-subscriber posts manually gets old after a while.
SVLUG's lists, like pretty nearly every other one on the planet, has
blocked posts from non-subscribed addresses for about the last ten
years.

Anyway, either unsubscribe the one you don't use or set one to "nomail".