[svlug] Member poll on an alternative to this mailing list

Alvin Oga alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Thu Nov 22 03:47:51 PST 2007

hi darlene

> Darlene Wallach wrote:
>
> To all SVLUG members:
>
> There has been a proposal to terminate this mailing list
> (svlug at lists.svlug.org), and replace it with a Google Group

it is 100% ridiculous of whomever proposed to terminate
svlug.org ... probably because they do not know how
to maintain a mailing list ??

svlug.org is supposed to be the "better" and probably the
more technically inclinded group ...

why do we need to depend on "google" ?? or even yahoo groups

there is zero benefits .. other than becoming a like
a "plain ole user" depending on the big fish
like a helpless "microsoft user"

i will fix all the things "you folks" cannot or do not want to do
but everything i will be doing will be in the open and subject
to some discussion beforehand

===
=== all this private reply stuff has to stop ...
===
=== slvug is a community effort ...
===

c ya