[svlug] Member poll on an alternative to this mailing list

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Wed Nov 21 22:22:11 PST 2007

To all SVLUG members:

There has been a proposal to terminate this mailing list
(svlug at lists.svlug.org), and replace it with a Google Group
-- at which point, SVLUG would cease to host or administer
its own online discussion forum. I'm collecting a sense of
the membership, through midnight Tuesday, November 27, and
will report back here with a yes/no tally.

Some things to perhaps keep in mind:
   - SVLUG ceasing to host its own mailing list
   - advertising
   - privacy loss
   - dependency on a business to do our core competency for us
   - SVLUG no longer being able to set spam policy or choose its own
     mail-handling software.

Q:  Do you approve of terminating this mailing list and
     replacing it with a Google Group?  (y/n)

Send your vote to _me directly_ (Darlene Wallach
<freepalestin at dslextreme.com>.
Do NOT send it to this mailing list.

Thank you for your attention, consideration and
participation,

Darlene Wallach