[svlug] Fwd: ttyS2, ttyS3 initialization?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:20:58 PST 2007

Thanks Pete...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Petrakis <peter.petrakis at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 21, 2007 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [svlug] ttyS2, ttyS3 initialization?
To: Kristian Erik Hermansen <kristian.hermansen at gmail.com>
Cc: John Conover <conover at rahul.net>, svlug at lists.svlug.org

Probably not, at least on RHEL. A good way to test it is to make you
new com port into a serial console.

Add this to the end of your /etc/inittab

SX:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -L 115200 ttySX vt102

Where 'X' is the tty number assigned by the kernel. You should see it
recognize the ttys in the boot messages.

Then.
# init q

To reload inittab so it runs agetty on that port. You'll need a NULL
modem cable to make this test work.

Peter

On Nov 21, 2007 3:04 AM, Kristian Erik Hermansen

--
www.alphalinux.org
del.icio.us/peter.petrakis

--