[svlug] Ubuntu JeOS 7.10 released

Sam J. Juvonen sam at riihi.com
Thu Nov 15 23:54:50 PST 2007

I would say you can bet on it. First, FastScale and its ilk aim for
the datacenter level. There's plenty of room underneath. Second, hey,
it's linux - everybody with an idea and some hours of free time has
access to the means of production and can go explore. Will there be
duplication of effort? Of course. Is it wasted? No, a lot of people
will learn a lot, maybe some will come up with technology we'll all be
running in three years. The best ideas will bubble up.

-sam.