[svlug] prior art in the Red Hat patent lawsuit?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 04:51:53 PST 2007

hi

On Nov 11, 2007 11:49 AM, Paul Cubbage <oldestgeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2007 10:46 AM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > does anyone here know who is coordinating the community effort to find
> prior
> > art in the Red Hat patent lawsuit?  All I could find is this (very fine)
> > article on the groklaw site.
>
> Why don't you start one at one of the free public wiki sites e.g. PBWiki
> et al?

I actually have a dedicated server that I am using for the Digital Tipping
Point website, and it has a wiki, and I have created a page for this, but I
am not going to publicize it unless it appears that no one else is stepping
forward.  Since posting this original message on this email list, I did hear
from Pamela Jones of Groklaw, who said that she is planning on doing
something soon.  It doesn't make sense for me to start anything if Pamela
Jones is going to do it, because she is the natural center for things like
this.  I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something and that
there wasn't already an active list out there somewhere.  AFAIK, there is no
public coordinated effort yet, and so I am willing to wait several more
weeks for Pamela to make her announcement.  Our site is really really a
small fish compared with groklaw.  It just doesn't make sense for us to
start anything, unless Pamela drops the ball, which is highly unlikely.

Thanks for your reply!