[svlug] Code walkthrough notes

Richard L. Halpert richardlhalpert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:40:17 PST 2007

I would be interested in trying to lead a discussion of threading and SMP in
a couple months time.  Maybe after we've had at least one walkthrough in
each of the mentioned areas:

>   Scheduler
>   Memory Management
>   File System
>   Device Drivers
>   Networking
>   Boot / init
>   Interrupt handling
>   ipc
>   system calls

I don't know much about threading and SMP in the kernel just yet, but I have
been researching concurrency in languages for two years, so with enough time
to prepare I'm sure I could lead a decent walkthrough.

Any thoughts from the organizers?  Paul?  Perhaps we should start assembling
a list of people who've volunteered to lead a session.

-Richard