[svlug] kubuntu 7.10 on laptops

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Tue Nov 6 09:29:06 PST 2007

It seems that at least part of my problem with getting the wifi to
behave was that I hadn't set it in roaming mode. One of the wifi
control programs has a little "roaming" checkbox.

I tried to ssh into my laptop last night, it turns out that sshd isn't
on the default install. The weird thing is that apt-get doesn't seem
to be working...
lrc at think4est:~$ sudo apt-get install sshd
[sudo] password for lrc:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package sshd
lrc at think4est:~$

I suspect that I need to do something to point apt at network package
sources, but the gui (aptitude?) already seems to be pointing at
network repositories.

--
       Too much of a good thing is better than too much of a bad thing.