[svlug] kubuntu 7.10 on laptops

Chris Miller lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 17:46:01 PST 2007

On 11/2/07, Larry Colen <lrc at red4est.com> wrote:
> When I put 7.04 on my think book a couple of weeks ago, I was
> impressed at how well the wireless "just worked".
>
> I installed 7.10 on it, and have been having a lot of trouble getting
> the wireless to come up and talk, especially if I move from home to
> work.
>
> Has anyone else been having similar problems? Or did I just biff
> something up on this install?

I did a dist-upgrade and haven't had any issues with networkmanager
and/or knetworkmanager and/or nm-applet.  What's the make and model,
perhaps it's a quirky wifi card?  Sometimes mine spazzes out and won't
detect the wifi card when it comes out of sleep mode, however, that
bug is really intermittent and has been there for several versions of
*buntu.

--
Registered Linux Addict #431495
http://profile.xfire.com/mrstalinman