[svlug] worthy uses for old computers

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Fri Nov 2 13:37:47 PST 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 08:34:12PM -0700, Akkana Peck wrote:
# Darlene Wallach writes:
# > many people who have no computer at all and cannot
# > afford to buy one - maybe a recycling center that
# > puts Linux on it and gives it out to people/communities.
#
# Are there any such programs in silicon valley, by the way?
# I know there's at least one in Oakland, and the school project
# in San Francisco, but I've never heard of anything in our area.

I'm interested too. I've got a metric buttload (or 2.2 SAE buttloads)
of equipment that would be good for that.

#
# --
#     ...Akkana
#     "Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional": http://gimpbook.com
#
# svlug mailing list
# svlug at lists.svlug.org

       Too much of a good thing is better than too much of a bad thing.