[svlug] Feedback needed

Paul Cubbage oldestgeek at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 09:39:46 PST 2007

On Nov 2, 2007 9:22 AM, Daniel Son <dsong at meta-for.org> wrote:
> Paul, thanks for the feedback. I have similar thoughts but I still
> decided to go ahead. And the reason is that search engines often don't
> give you enough information, and most of the time you will have to spend
> too much time looking for things that you need, and often you will only
> find the most popular stuff, which does not necessarily reflect what is
> actually available. I have decided to work on something like this out of
> the frustration with using search engines for this purpose, and I have
> spent too much time just searching. So, I am trying to provide a simple

"Simple" ain't easy!

> way for people to find what their choices are. Lots of manual entry
> though, and sometimes it takes hours to add only a few products. But at
> the end of the day, if this effort will ever someone's life easier, I
> will consider that I have not spent all this time working on this
> resource for nothing.  Again, I really appreciate your feedback.

I wish you well.  It's certainly a contribution to the Open Community.
 I'll give your site another look and see if I can add any value.

Your frustration with search engines should be a heads-up for Google
et al.  I consider it a triumph if I can narrow 1,000,000,000 or so
hits down to a 250.  I often get only 2 or 3 irrelevant hits. :-)  I
don't see the Semantic Web doing anything for the problem.

--
Paul Cubbage