[svlug] Let's get Darlene a notebook computer

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Thu Nov 1 15:35:38 PST 2007

Paul Reiber wrote:
>> I agree. I do not have a laptop. So I want to have the code to look at and make notes on.
>
> SVLUG - I've gotta believe one or two of you have a handful of
> 3-or-4-year-old notebook computers laying around that could run Linux
> really well.  ...and in that case, I'll add - how about giving one to
> Darlene?

I appreciate what Paul is asking however there are
many people who have no computer at all and cannot
afford to buy one - maybe a recycling center that
puts Linux on it and gives it out to people/communities.

> Just 'cause the battery's dead and you have to run it from wall power
> doesn't mean we wouldn't really appreciate the contribution.
>
> Darlene's been a long-time volunteer with SVLUG - she's my go-to-girl
> for facilities/AV for our monthly meetings, for example.  If there's
> anyone who deserves a little good karma, she'd be the one.  So...
> please share if you're blessed so as to have a few extra machines.

There are many people who deserve a lot of good karma
that cannot afford a computer and would very much
appreciate a laptop. I would prefer that.

> I'll do what I can to provide a few extra machines at the kernel
> walkthrough sessions, but it'd be great to get her a machine to use
> the rest of the time.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> -Paul Reiber
> SVLUG's President, Installfest Coordinator, and chief beggar too. :-)

Maybe the request to put out to the list is if people
have another or more laptops they could bring for
people to use for code walk-throughs.

Thank you for reaching out Paul.

Darlene Wallach