[svlug] Feedback needed

Paul Cubbage oldestgeek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:14:03 PST 2007

On Nov 1, 2007 2:27 PM, Daniel Son <dsong at meta-for.org> wrote:
> I am working on a small project that I see as a software catalog
> searchable by features and functionality. There is still lots of data to
> put into the database , but I would like to get as much feedback as
> possible about the following topics:
> 1) what's people experience using the resource;
> 2) Accuracy of the information that is already there (need to do some
> extra work on it anyways)
> 3) Anything to add (categories, well lots of them are being added in any
> case; products: (see categories); functionality: i am working on few
> extra features)
> 4) browser specific bugs (main testing is done using firefox, but other
> browsers are tested as well, just not as frequently)
> 5) anything else ...
>
> All comments will be taken into account. Negative feedback is a feedback
> too, but please spare me from comments without explanation ( I mean,
> something like: it sucks. If "it sucks", what it should do not to "suck").
>
> I know there is still lots of work to be done, but I just would like to
> direct my work properly.
>
> The URL: http://www.meta-for.org

Nice site!  Admirable ambition.

What would you provide that is better, and more current, than forums
and  a search engine?  A lot of things like this were done in the
earlier web days and most if not all are gone.  They depended on user
input and filled a need before search engines took off.

In any case, you will have an issue of currency as your volunteers
disappear (graduate).

I don't want to step on your ideas and maybe you have lightening in a
bottle but think a little about the effort involved and who it would
reach.

Vaja con Dios
--
Paul Cubbage