[svlug] FreedomHEC: can anyone loan a projector?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Apr 26 11:20:09 PDT 2007

FreedomHEC is next month in Los Angeles:
  http://freedomhec.org/

If you're interested in device drivers, please
sign up.

You might ask, "But how can you afford to do a
device driver unconference in a swanky hotel in a
major metropolitan area, and not charge admission?
And how can you afford to cover travel and lodging
costs for starving hackers who are coming to speak?"

Two reasons: one, thanks to the generous financial
support of Google and LinuxWorld.com, along with
media sponsorship from LWN and O'Reilly.

Second, I really, really don't want to pay to rent
a projector and screen.  I'd much rather borrow
them from some Linux-friendly person or company
(picking them up on May 17th, and dropping them off
on May 20th.)  Anyone who can help out with this,
please mail me off-list.

(It looks like we'll be using my podcasting equipment
plus a couple additions for the audio, so I'll
make myself and the audio gear available for future
freedom-loving events in the future.)

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/