[svlug] Centos 5

Joe Buck Joe.Buck at synopsys.COM
Wed Apr 25 10:09:20 PDT 2007

Quoting Karen Shaeffer (shaeffer at neuralscape.com):

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 09:09:52PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> I agree.  The opinions of some notwithstanding, I think it's a fine
> (mostly) GNOME desktop implementation.

I'm typing this on an FC6 laptop, and I'm successfully using compiz with
the free radeon driver.  I'm happy with it.  The livna.org site provides
everything I need to deal with multimedia, DVDs, etc, and it's a one-time
step to add the extra repository.  Claims that Fedora has a problem with
MP3 and the like baffle me, given how trivial it is to fix it and keep
the solution up to date.

My 9-year-old daughter is a happy FC6/OpenOffice user (she wouldn't be
without Flash though; she loves the Flash games at nickjr.com and
americangirl.com).