[svlug] LDAP authentication with RT3 (request tracker software)

Aleksandr Arbitman arbitman at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 23 12:43:02 PDT 2007

Dear svLugers.

I need advices/help on configuring RT3 package to do LDAP authentication.
 I just installed RT3 (helpdesk software with web based authentication and mysql back end) on fedora6.  The most of the users that need to login to it are on windows domain.
Instead of creating hundreds of user accounts I would like to setup LDAP authentication for Apache2, but don't know where to start. Another advantage is that users don't have to have another password to remember, they'll forget it anyway.
Does anyone have any experience with RT3 or any suggestions/directions ?
Thank you in advance.