[svlug] Something keeps changing my xorg.conf

Joe Buck Joe.Buck at synopsys.COM
Mon Apr 23 10:40:35 PDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:30:21AM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:
> Anyways, I'll finally get the video sorted out, and something will
> come and decide that I really want another xorg.conf, and will change
> things out from under me. This happens on every reboot, and sometimes
> seems to happen even if I don't reboot the system.
>
> Sometimes it will leave a file called:
> xorg.conf.livna-config-backup

Looks like you have the livna.org packaging of the nvidia driver;
apparently it installs a script that runs at startup and does this.
Not sure why, but you should be able to find the offending script
with "rpm -ql <package>", where package is the name of the livna
package that provides the driver.