[svlug] Centos 5

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Sat Apr 21 21:48:33 PDT 2007

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 04:42:38PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:20:14PM -0700, Karen Shaeffer wrote:
> > It is fun to take a look.
>
> The valid comparison is with FC6 update, not with FC6 base; there's no
> reason they'd ship a bug they've already fixed in FC6.  For example:
>
> > FC6:		gcc-4.1.1-30.x86_64.rpm
> > RHEL5:		gcc-4.1.1-52.el5.x86_64.rpm
>
> FC6 update: gcc-4.1.1-51.fc6

Hi Joe,

I missed that one. I wonder why you ignore all the others. The
others represent the core of the enterprise enabling features.
Many of those aren't even in FC6.

I like FC6. For single desktops or standalone servers, I think
FC6 is an excellent OS. If I am intending to cluster servers,
then I am going to use Centos. FC6 != RHEL5 for clustered
solutions.

Thanks,
Karen
--