[svlug] RS232->USB dongle?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Tue Apr 17 08:39:02 PDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:45:01 +0000 (UTC)
Daniel Gimpelevich <daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at ...> writes:
>
> > BTW... is there a family of cpu for embedded development of
> > similar class of st6, microchip pic16, atmel avr 8bit or even as
> > large as avr 32bit that have development tools under Linux?

> What? You're not aware of avr-gcc??

I'm aware. But in this field is not enough to have a development
environment and actually, I'd like to have a larger range of choices.

Shouldn't this kind of stuff be more advertised?

eg. I know Linux run on ARM. There is an "arm consortium" where some
how you can get a list of people producing ARM cpu, but other cpu,
development tools etc. seem harder to find.

Any further hint will be appreciated.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it