[svlug] The Loomis List Mailing List Confirmation

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Apr 13 11:59:20 PDT 2007

Quoting The Loomis List (frshtrx at hotmail.com):

> This message has been sent to you as the final step to confirm your
> email list subscription for the following list:

<hat="listadmin"> [1]
The really odd thing is that that "frshtrx at hotmail.com" got added
yesterday to the "List of non-member addresses whose postings
will be automatically discarded".  I had thought it thus impossible for
his mail to reach the list, any more.

I'm guessing that it was permitted because "frshtrx at hotmail.com"
actually _did_ subscribe (that the above-cited roster applies to
non-subscribed addresses only), and I hadn't actually expunged that
subscription.

Anyhow, he now becomes the sixth address banned from membership in the
main SVLUG list (none of them actual Linux users; all are spam-sending
addresses), via Mailman's "List of addresses which are banned from
membership in this mailing list".  And I have now also unsubscribed him.

If people want further information -- including this miscreant's name,
address, and telephone number, please see the related thread on the
public Volunteers list, http://lists.svlug.org/lists/listinfo/volunteers.

(Separately, I've asked EV1servers.net to please cancel this person's
commercial hosting with them, on grounds of being a UCE sender.)
</hat>

[1] Indicates I'm speaking in my role as SVLUG listadmin, which is
seldom required.